Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Life.

Life

Breaking news! Dr. George Clooney has finally found a cure for one of the world’s deadliest killers – Cancer. Here is his first patient to receive the cure, Nathaniel Seow.
“Blink”, I pushed down the ‘off’ button of the remote control, shedding tears of relief whilst doing so. Amidst the warm beams that embraced my body, I felt alive. Gone were the days were I sat on the hospital bed, knees against my chest, praying desperately for a cure.
This battle for survival had been and exhausting one, a hard fought war between men and his nemesis. Every passing day made me feel worthless, with people coming non-stop to my ward, offering words of encouragement, commiserating with my plight while others hurled derogatory comments at me. All of the doctors saw the hopelessness of my situation; after all, cancer was an arcane matter to them. All but one man gave up on me - Dr Clooney. Nobody wheedled him into giving his all to cure me.
His devotion towards my case gave him much unwanted criticism. Doctors around the world animadvert at length upon his belief of being able to cure cancer. However, the innuendo further fueled his determination to search for a cure. He worked hard day and night, hoping to find even the slightest fragment of clues as to opening Pandora’s box or at least try to assuage my pain. He did not want to see me die without him giving try.
That cure for cancer was that elixir of life all doctors had been hoping to find. It contained the very key to enhancing the survival of mankind. Dr Clooney had made the other doctors eat their own words.
Cancer took away my all. The acculturation of this fatal being in my body meant judgment day had finally arrived for me. My family, my job, I could see all of them dissipating right in front of me. My will faded like a dying flame, unable to sustain fire much longer. That fire was Life. As the days passed, the feeling of death got stronger. I felt weak all over. The pain of losing my loved ones permeated my heart like a thousand needles. The pain was excruciating. I did not want my life to end this way. I had everything I wanted in my life, a loving family, a beautiful wife and a stable income. Yet, cancer was going to take away all these. The gift of existence from God was a controversial one. In life, we can have all we want, decide how we live it. Yet, we have minimal power as to decide how or when we want it to end. I did not ask for cancer but yet all I could see was death enveloping me. As the saying goes, “all good things come to an end.” That is a cliché, something in which I do not need. Just when all hope seemed lost, He pulled me out of decadence.
Dr Clooney restored my life to normal. With his findings I was able to return to the man I once was. It was hard to believe that an eighty-one year old man was the first one to unveil the complexities or cancer and conquer it. He was not a shriveled up old man, he was a medical Spartan, and a saviour at that. He gave me back my life and everything that came with it.
Upon hearing the good news, I gave him a bear hug, trying to dam the torrent of tears that threatened to flow down my eyes. I was alive again.
“Thank you Dr Clooney.”
“No, Thank you Nathaniel.”

i think this essay kinda sucks cuz there's like not much plotting and its super short, well im posting it here anyway =P

No comments: